National plans/strategies for Russia
- Third National Communication on Climate Change Under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Download.
Reports/papers that focus on important Russian topics
- Climate Change: observations, projections and impacts. Downloads.
- Roshydromet (2008). Assessment report on climate change and its consequences in Russian Federation – General Summary. Good overview of climate change and its consequences for all relevant sectors and themes in Russia!
Reports/papers that present a sound overview for Europe
- Eisenreich (2005). Climate change and the European water dimension. A report to the European water directors.
- European Environment Agency (2005). Vulnerability and adaptation to climate change in Europe. Download.
- European Environment Agency, JRC and WHO (2008). Impact of Europe’s changing climate – 2008 indicator-based assessment. Download.
- Swart et al. (2009). Europe adapts to climate change. Comparing national adaptation strategies. Download.
Reports/papers that focus on specific topics, relevant for all of Europe
- Agriculture: Rounsevell et al. (2005). Future scenarios of European agricultural land use II. Projecting changes in cropland and grassland. Download.
- Agriculture: Fischer et al. (2005). Socio-economic and climate change impacts on agriculture: an integrated assessment, 1990–2080. Download.
- Biodiversity: Thuiller et al. (2005). Climate change threats to plant diversity in Europe. Download.
- Coastal erosion: Salman et al. (2004). Living with coastal erosion in Europe: sediment and space for sustainability. Download.
- Cultural-historical heritage: Cassar (2005). Climate change and the historic environment. Download.
- Droughts: Blenkinsop and Fowler (2007). Changes in European drought characteristics projected by the PRUDENCE regional climate models. Download.
- Droughts: European Environment Agency (2009). Water resources across Europe – confronting water scarcity and drought. Download.
- Forestry: Seppälä et al. (2009). Adaptation of forests and people to climate change. A global assessment report. Download.
- Health: Kosatsky (2005). The 2003 European heat waves. Download.
- Health: WHO (2008). Protecting health in Europe from climate change. Download.
- Insurance and Business: Mills et al. (2005). Availability and affordability of insurance under climate change. A growing challenge for the U.S. Download.
- Security and Crisis management: O’Brien et al. (2008). Disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and human security. Download.
- Security and Crisis management: German Advisory Council on Global Change (2007). World in transition: Climate change as a security risk. Summary for policy-makers. Download.
- Storms: Gardiner et al. (2010). Destructive storms in European forests: Past and forthcoming impacts. Download.
- Storms: Pinto et al. (2007). Changing European storm loss potentials under modified climate conditions according to ensemble simulations of the ECHAM5/MPI-OM1 GCM. Download.
- Tourism: Deutsche Bank Research (2008). Climate change and tourism: Where will the journey lead? Download.
Database on disasters worldwide
- The international disaster database EM-DAT
Information on disaster risk reduction: preventionweb.net
Global Risk Data Platform PREVIEW: preview.grid.unep.ch
- Dartmouth Flood Observatory
- An overview of additional databases
Weblogs in English
- The Red Cross / Red Crescent Climate Centre: bridging climate change and disaster risk reduction
- Emergency preparedness and response: what to do in case of extreme heat
- Internet encyclopaedia for coastal professionals providing coastal and marine information: coastal wiki
- The website of the European Environment Agency
- Expertise centre for biodiversity and sustainable development
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change IPCC
- The United Nation's work on climate change
- WWF Adaptation stories, lessons, and explorations: ClimatePrep
- World Bank Climate Change Knowledge Portal
- Local governments for sustainability, including climate resilience and climate change adaptation: ICLEI
- PIANC organisation for the global waterborne transport community: climate change home page
EU funded Research Projects
Climate change scenarios
- MONARCH-A: Monitoring and assessing regional climate change in high latitudes and the Arctic
- ENSEMBLES (2004-2009, 6th FP): Ensemble prediction system for climate change based on the principal state-of-the-art, high resolution, global and regional Earth System models developed in Europe
- STARDEX (5th FP): Statistical and regional dynamical downscaling of extremes for european regions
Droughts and water scarcity
- AquaStress (6th FP): Mitigation of water stress through new approaches to integrating management, technical, economic and institutional instruments
- IMPRINTS (7th FP): Improving preparedness and risk management for flash floods and debris flow events
- FLOODsite (6th FP): Integrated flood risk analysis and management methodologies
Fresh water resources
- REFRESH (7th FP): Adaptive strategies to mitigate the impacts of climate change on European freshwater ecosystems
- WATCH (2007-2011, 6th FP): Water and global change
- SCENES (6th FP): Water scenarios for Europe and for neighbouring states, up to 2025
Mitigation / adaptation options and costs
- ClimateWater (7th FP): study European and international adaptation measures and strategies related to climate change impacts and how these are taken into account in water policies
- PESETA (2007, JRC): Projection of economic impacts of climate change in sectors of the European Union based on bottom-up analysis
- CECILIA (6th FP): Central and Eastern Europe climate change impact and vulnerability assessment
- NeWater (6th FP): New approaches to adaptive water management under uncertainty
Security and Crisis management
- UrbanFlood (7th FP): The use of sensors within flood embankments to support an online early warning system, real time emergency management and routine asset management
- CORFU (7th FP): Collaborative research on flood resilience in urban areas
- SWITCH (6th FP): sustainable urban water management in the ‘City of the Future’
- UrbanFlood (7th FP): Sensors within flood embankments to support an online early warning system, real time emergency management and routine asset management